It is situated on Stará baštová Street , Its name was derived from the fact the bastion was situated near the executioner's house. It is semicircular with eight cannon chambers. Its bottom part was strengthened with counterforts against washing away by water in the moat. The bastion was converted in the years 1920 - 1930 to meet the needs of the East Slovakian Museum. The last repair of the bastion was made in 1957. |
The bastion on Čajkovskeho Street no.5
The remaining fragments of the road bastion. It is one of the few bastions in its original form though it was subjected to numerous reconstructions and modifications. |
It can be seen in the so-called "Mariánsky dvor" on Továrenská Street. Its name was derived from the former "Upper mill". In the years 1802 - 1836 it housed a manufacture for production of stoneware. After 1945 the premises of the bastion served as studios for painters in Košice. |
The bastion on Zbrojničná Street no.6
MAP of the historical City centre
/(1,2) Historical photographs from book KOŠICE 1780-1918/